Tuesday, March 11, 2008

POLL: McCain has a tough row-to-hoe

61 people voted in the latest poll.

Question: What will it take for John McCain to gain your support/approval?

An important factor to keep in mind is that this poll began before Huckabee suspended his campaign for the presidency. With that said, the largest percentage of voters said, "As far as I can tell, there is nothing that can make me support him. My mind is made up." 27 voters (44%) chose this option.

Constituting the second-highest total of votes, 24 (39%) said that "McCain needs to lose the nomination to Huckabee. Then I'd like him more."

Coming in a distant third, 8 of you (13%) said that "McCain needs to be a strong conservative during the rest of the campaign."

1 of you (1%) said that "McCain needs to drift more to the middle/left during the general election," and 1 of you (1%) said, "Huckabee and/or Paul just need(s) to drop out. Then I'd support McCain."

Please vote in the new poll, and e-mail me or comment on the blog, explaining why you think your choice should be McCain's choice for VP.

3 comments:

Stephen Bittner said...

Wanting to vote for a Christian president is understandable - I am a reformed baptist myself. However, you have got to look into these guys political past! Huckabee loves taxes and did a terrible job with illegal immigration. Romney would have been better in my opinion.

Unknown said...

I picked Lieberman.

Mind you, this isn't what I would like to see, but I think Lieberman fits McCain's ideology. If McCain were to somehow get elected and then were not able to fulfill his duties, Lieberman would be able to fill in and we'd never be able to tell the difference.

Anonymous said...

McCain may not be a christian, but he is much better than the alternatives. We don't need to cut our military back to where we can't protect America. The Terrorists would love to have a Democraic President. Better yet, one with a terrorist supporting brother, and with a Muslim background. America has already passed it's point of greatness, but let's not rush it's decline. The EU is the power that is increasing, and it is the Roman Empire being revived and preparing for leadership by Antichrist. But, that's another story.
Con