Sunday, November 11, 2007

What Am I Thinking?

One could certainly argue that, by not giving a full-fledged endorsement to a single candidate, this site is actually serving to assist Rudy Giulani and Mitt Romney by splitting support among the remaining candidates. That is a valid point. But I have my reasons for not endorsing a single candidate. They are:

1.) If a single Christian candidate crashes and burns (or simply pulls out of the race), I don't want this site to go up in smoke with him. Personally, my favorite candidate is Mike Huckabee. But he is not the only person who I think could make a good Christian President of the United States, so I will not act as if I do think that.

2.) In a similar vein, if a candidate not named Huckabee wins the Republican nomination, I do not want it to look as though I did not like that candidate, simply because I endorsed Huckabee alone.

3.) Some of the second-tier candidates may end up being on a presidential ticket as a candidate for Vice President. I want to express my support for them now.

Hopefully, these two things will happen so that my strategy does not backfire: (1) As people naturally gravitate towards the best Christian candidate, some of the others will drop out of the race and throw their support behind that superior candidate; and (2) Christians, realizing the importance of beating Giulani and Romney, will vote for the Christian candidate with the best chance of winning.
If those two things happen, we'll be in good shape.


1 comment:

Guitarman said...

I like your Idea. Hadn't thought about Mike H. yet but am warming up to him. I know for certain if Rudi is the Republican nominee, that Hilary will win with about 40% of the popular vote. Check my blog out sometime, I'm a friend of King David.