Saturday, June 28, 2008

86 in the House; 9 in the Senate

The number of cosponsors for H.J.RES. 89, calling for a federal marriage amendment, continues to creep upwards. Marilyn Musgrave from Colorado became a cosponsor on Thursday, bringing the total to 86.

In closely related news, Senator Wicker of Mississippi has introduced a similar bill in the Senate. It currently has 9 cosponsors.

For action instructions, please visit Traditional Wedlock.org.

In WWCP news, I've been considering how I might transition this blog from an Election '08 effort to a more general Christian conservative site. My main dilemma is that my URL, "http://christianpresident," makes a simple name change problematic, while changing the URL or creating a whole new blog would cause other issues (such as informing all those who have linked or visited here). Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I've been pondering over such measures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conservative Voice of Reason is proud to announce the starting of a new program called The Conservative Voice of Reason 2008. Donate $15 to Huckpac using R24758 as your code or fill out the donation widget on conservativevoiceofreason.blogspot.com, or click this link https://www.huckpac.com/?FuseAction=Contribute.Home&r=24758 and then send me a proof of donation at conservativevoiceofreason@conservativekids.net. You can then send me an artical about who you are supporting for any office and why he should be the cconservative voice of reason of 2008. The artical will then be posted on conservativevoiceofreason.blogspot.com. At the end I will take my favorite 2-4 Candidates and put them in a poll on conservativevoiceofreason.blogspot.com and you get to vote for the conservative voice of reason 2008. The poll will go up sometime in August. At the end I will tell you how much money was raised and who won.

The articals must mention the candidates district and campaign site. Get Started!!!!

ecwoodrow said...

"In WWCP news, I've been considering how I might transition this blog from an Election '08 effort to a more general Christian conservative site. My main dilemma is that my URL, "http://christianpresident," makes a simple name change problematic, while changing the URL or creating a whole new blog would cause other issues (such as informing all those who have linked or visited here). Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I've been pondering over such measures."

You can get a domain name from Google. They're $10/year, and Google would redirect all the traffic from your old URL to the new domain name.

Just go to the Blogger Settings, then Publishing, then under Advanced settings you'll see where Google asks you if you want to buy a domain name.

Kingdom Advancer said...

Thanks, EC. That sounds like it might be the solution for me. I'll have to determine, though, whether I'll be consistently blogging with purpose (as in, trying to get people to actually read what I write).